FAQ 1 - TICKETS
- This is not a single venue event so you cannot buy one ticket that covers all events. Please choose carefully to make sure you make the most of your festival experience.
- The main arena comprises two stages both of which are covered venues and are free standing.
- You can save cash with a 'main arena weekend' ticket – this would cover all acts appearing across the two stages from Thursday to Saturday.
- Concessions (or discounts) are available but there are limits on the number of these tickets so get them early.
- Under 5's get in to the main arena events for free but they will still need a ticket, so don't forget the younger ones when ordering your tickets. These tickets are based on previous attendances but are limited.
- It is important that when picking up tickets at the festival office you bring the booking reference number with you. If asking a friend or relative to pick up tickets then you will need to supply them with written authorisation.
FAQ 2 - VENUES
- Stornoway festival events cover two main venues, An Lanntair arts centre (Wed – Sat) and the Festival Main Arena in the Castle Grounds (Thurs – Sat). The timings of events do overlap so you may have to make a choice between the two.
- The mainsite runs from 7pm on Thursday night and 2pm on Friday and Saturday and the music programme normally finishes at 11.30pm each night. Band timings across the two stages do overlap slightly to give our audience as wide a programme as possible.
- The evening concerts in An Lanntair start at 7.30pm each evening and finish no later than 10pm
- There is a catering area within the main festival arena offering a wide range of food so 'if you've not had your tea' then you can get it there!
- Full bar facilities, soft drinks and other refreshments are available onsite. Please do not attempt to take alcohol with you to the main arena - it will be confiscated.
- Please don't take that expensive camera with you; photographic and video recordings of bands are not permitted.
- Some great events can be found outwith Stornoway, you will need transport but it provides another dimension to the festival programme.
- Pub sessions are not programmed though local pubs do welcome musicians for sessions.
FAQ 3 - CLUB
- The festival club is held in An Lanntair arts centre.
- Bands are scheduled to perform so you may get the opportunity to see someone you wouldn't have had a chance to catch elsewhere.
- You will need to buy a separate ticket for each club night.
- The club has full bar facilities and offers late night snacks.
- The festival club programme information will be available during festival week.
- Opening hours vary subject to local licensing laws.