The Hebridean Celtic Festival is looking for enthusiastic operators with the necessary requirements to supply catering services during this year's evening events, Thursday – Saturday, 18th – 20th July 2013.
Please send expressions of interest outlining relevant experience using the application form to email@example.com by Friday 5th April 2013.
Information for caterers
The Hebridean Celtic Festival is a major international music festival, which takes place on the Isle of Lewis each July. The main festival site which has a capacity of 4000 comprises two stages in covered marquees on the castle green in a stunning setting overlooking Stornoway harbour. We wish to offer those attending our evening concerts a good variety of high quality foods at reasonable prices, with the emphasis on locally sourced produce.
We are proud of green credentials and insist that all caterers utilise biodegradeable /organic packaging.
You are responsible for:
- Providing good quality food to customers, using local produce wherever possible
- Keeping your unit open during the hours that customers are on the site
- Arranging public liability insurance for a minimum of £1,000,000
- Ensuring that your staff have received appropriate food hygiene training
- Providing generator mains power to your units, and ensuring that all installations are operated safely
- Using biodegradable / organic packaging, disposing of litter from your pitch following the festival recycling guidelines, and leaving the area tidy at the end of the festival
- Ensuring staff wear approved wristbands at all times
- Providing a concession in a well-lit, convenient location, close to the main marquee and other facilities
- Access to 2,500 – 4,000 customers over the course of the three days, approx. 6 pm to midnight on Thursday, 2pm – midnight on Friday / Saturday.
- Providing overnight security as a deterrent to theft and vandalism (but neither the Festival nor the security firm can be held responsible for any loss or damage)
- Providing vehicular access within a reasonable distance of your pitch (this will be determined by ground conditions)
- Providing mains water
We are responsible for:
There will be a fixed price charge of £400 for each pitch. The size of a pitch is approximately 6m x 6m. If you require more space we will be pleased to quote a revised price. Pitches will be allocated during April.