Top Tips - Criomagan Feumail
- It is advisable to organise your accommodation as soon as possible. Festival week is the busiest of the year and it may be difficult to find somewhere on arrival.
- Accommodation on the island is wide ranging, you will find everything from campsites to hotels. If find you are having problems, do not despair as the island's local tourist information centre will give you all the friendly advice you need. Call them on 01851 703088.
- The Festival Office is a good place to check out. It's open throughout the Festival and it's a great place to pick up a brochure and get any advice you may need on the wide variety of Festival events.
- Travelling around the island is quite easy, with regular buses to all areas during the day. Transport during the evening is less regular and we advise you check timetables carefully.
- You will also find many car hire companies and depending upon your length of stay it may be cheaper to hire locally. Or you may wish to try a more healthy option and hire a bicycle.
- If you are bringing your car ask Caledonian MacBrayne about Island Rover tickets, i.e. in one port and out another, they can generally work out as the cheaper option.
- Sunday travel is here with ferry connections between Ullapool and Stornoway and direct flights in and out to Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow. There is also an inter-island ferry between Harris and North Uist and onward travel to Skye from there.
- Sunday is a special day on the islands and there is no public transport, though there are places to go, views to see and waves to catch and you will find some filling stations, restaurants and hotels open for business as usual. So hire a car and make the most of your trip to the Hebrides. Our island isn't big but it is beautiful and the natives are friendly!